Bahá'í Discussion

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bahá'í Discussion

A place for discussion of the Bahá'í Faith and related subjects.

Resources for Studying the Baha'i Writings

zanOTK
    zanOTK
    Admin

Resources for Studying the Baha'i Writings Empty Resources for Studying the Baha'i Writings

Post by zanOTK Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:25 pm

Here are some online resources for studying the Baha'i Writings:

Baha'i Reference Library
    One of my favorites, the Baha'i Reference Library is a great resource for those wanting to study the Baha'i Writings. It has a decent sized set of works available, and they are all searchable.

Baha'i Library Online
    Much larger than the Baha'i Reference Library, it includes the Writings, the King James Bible, and I believe a couple Quran translations. It also has compilations, letters to and from the Universal House of Justice, poetry, novels, short stories, songs, papers, and a lot more. It isn't as easily searchable as the Baha'i Reference Library, but it is great if you want access to a huge library of resources.

Study The Faith
    I just recently discovered this website. It appears to be targeted towards newcomers who aren't quite sure where to start with studying the Writings.

There used to be a program called Ocean readily available for free download. It had most of the translated Baha'i Writings, the King James Bible, a translation of the Quran, some hadiths, a few other Christian works (I can't remember which), some Buddhist scriptures, the Sikh holy book, and some Hindu scriptures as well. It was 100% searchable. Sadly, it is no longer available for download. I've heard, however, that there is a copy of the original .exe circulating on some Baha'i forums. If anyone has access to that please share it here.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:52 am